CLUB HOUSE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

CLUB HOUSE

Sports, Passions...

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-26%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bosch BBS8214 Aspirateur Balai Multifonction sans fil Unlimited ...
249.99 € 339.99 €
Voir le deal

African American singers

+2
Hermine
TinCup
6 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
TinCup
Rang: Administrateur
TinCup

Féminin

African American singers Empty
MessageSujet: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeSam 21 Oct - 16:08

A long time ago, I wanted to open a thread about my favorite African American singers. So why not beginning this wonderful story of my idols today ? yeah!

Some of you already know that I like Donna Summer, but the greatest for me is Esther Phillips, in my heart, and in my soul...

Esther Phillips : 1935 Galveston TX - 1984 Torrance CA

http://www.discomuseum.com/EstherPhillips.html

http://www.thisoldsoul.com/stars/estherphillip.html

Lenox and Atlantic recordings : http://www.soulmusic.com/estherphillips.htm

CTI/Kudu recordings : http://www.dougpayne.com/ctiaep.htm

African American singers Esther

Above: Photo of Little Esther Phillips (real name: Esther May Jones) at 15 years old.

African American singers Esther-726006

African American singers Ester_phillips

African American singers Esther_p

African American singers Esthep6853519550852170

R.I.P. Esther
love
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Hermine
Modératrice
Hermine

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeMer 25 Oct - 15:36

Trés belle hommage,pour cette étoile yeah!
Voici quelques pochette de disques
African American singers Vecomealongwaybaby072006fg0

African American singers Estherphillips378079
TinCup
TinCup

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeVen 27 Oct - 15:44

One of her most beautiful songs :

Home is where the hatred is

A junkie walking through the twilight
I'm on my way home
I left three days ago, but noone seems to know i'm gone
Home is where the hatred is
Home is filled with pain and it,
might not be such a bad idea if i never, never went home again

stand as far away from me as you can and ask me why
hang on to your rosary beads
close your eyes to watch me die
you keep saying, kick it, quit it, kick it, quit it
God, but did you ever try
to turn your sick soul inside out
so that the world, so that the world
can watch you die

home is where i live inside my white powder dreams
home was once an empty vacuum that's filled now with my silent screams
home is where the needle marks
try to heal my broken heart
and it might not be such a bad idea if i never, if i never went home again
home again
home again
home again
kick it, quit it
kick it, quit it
kick it, quit it
kick it, can't go home again

"Stand as far away from me as you can, and ask me why"

Phew, what a line, can ya'll get to that?

What a record Kudu chose to put out as their first release, they certainly nailed their colours to the mast with this one. Born Esther May Jones in Galveston Texas December 23, 1935. She was singing with the Johnny Otis band in the early 1950's, but by the mid 1950's Esther had a crippling heroin addiction and she retired from the music business to try to kick the habit.. She made a comeback in 1962 on the independent Lomax label. In 1971 Aretha Franklin won a Grammy, Franklin gave that Grammy to Esther Phillips because she felt Phillips more deserving of it. Written by Gil Scott-Heron this song, from 1972, is a poignant reminder, amongst other things, of her heroin addiction. pleurs
Padmé
Sénatrice
Padmé

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeVen 27 Oct - 18:56

I found some great pictures aof her Exclamation okay

African American singers Estherphillips

African American singers Esther%20phillips%2001

African American singers Esther%20phillips%2002

And I found this site which is interessting in my opinion Exclamation

http://www.kalamu.com/bol/2006/05/07/224/
http://padmeanakin.skyblog.com/
TinCup
TinCup

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeVen 27 Oct - 21:28

Thank you Padmé biz not worthy
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeLun 25 Déc - 13:59

Legendary singer James Brown dies at 73 By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press Writer
51 minutes ago

pleurs pleurs pleurs

ATLANTA - James Brown, the dynamic, pompadoured "Godfather of Soul," whose rasping vocals and revolutionary rhythms made him a founder of rap, funk and disco as well, died early Monday, his agent said. He was 73.

Brown was hospitalized with pneumonia at Emory Crawford Long Hospital on Sunday and died around 1:45 a.m. Monday, said his agent, Frank Copsidas of Intrigue Music. Longtime friend Charles Bobbit was by his side, he said.

Copsidas said the cause of death was uncertain. "We really don't know at this point what he died of," he said.

Pete Allman, a radio personality in Las Vegas who had been friends with Brown for 15 years, credited Brown with jump-starting his career and motivating him personally and professionally.

"He was a very positive person. There was no question he was the hardest working man in show business," Allman said. "I remember Mr. Brown as someone who always motivated me, got me reading the Bible."

Along with Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan and a handful of others, Brown was one of the major musical influences of the past 50 years. At least one generation idolized him, and sometimes openly copied him. His rapid-footed dancing inspired Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson among others. Songs such as David Bowie's "Fame," Prince's "Kiss," George Clinton's "Atomic Dog" and Sly and the Family Stone's "Sing a Simple Song" were clearly based on Brown's rhythms and vocal style.

If Brown's claim to the invention of soul can be challenged by fans of Ray Charles and Sam Cooke, then his rights to the genres of rap, disco and funk are beyond question. He was to rhythm and dance music what Dylan was to lyrics: the unchallenged popular innovator.

"James presented obviously the best grooves," rapper Chuck D of Public Enemy once told The Associated Press. "To this day, there has been no one near as funky. No one's coming even close."

His hit singles include such classics as "Out of Sight," "(Get Up I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine," "I Got You (I Feel Good)" and "Say It Loud — I'm Black and I'm Proud," a landmark 1968 statement of racial pride.

"I clearly remember we were calling ourselves colored, and after the song, we were calling ourselves black," Brown said in a 2003 Associated Press interview. "The song showed even people to that day that lyrics and music and a song can change society."

He won a Grammy award for lifetime achievement in 1992, as well as Grammys in 1965 for "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" (best R&B recording) and for "Living In America" in 1987 (best R&B vocal performance, male.) He was one of the initial artists inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986, along with Presley, Chuck Berry and other founding fathers.

He triumphed despite an often unhappy personal life. Brown, who lived in Beech Island near the Georgia line, spent more than two years in a South Carolina prison for aggravated assault and failing to stop for a police officer. After his release on in 1991, Brown said he wanted to "try to straighten out" rock music.

From the 1950s, when Brown had his first R&B hit, "Please, Please, Please" in 1956, through the mid-1970s, Brown went on a frenzy of cross-country tours, concerts and new songs. He earned the nickname "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business."

With his tight pants, shimmering feet, eye makeup and outrageous hair, Brown set the stage for younger stars such as Michael Jackson and Prince.

In 1986, he was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And rap stars of recent years overwhelmingly have borrowed his lyrics with a digital technique called sampling.

Brown's work has been replayed by the Fat Boys, Ice-T, Public Enemy and a host of other rappers. "The music out there is only as good as my last record," Brown joked in a 1989 interview with Rolling Stone magazine.

"Disco is James Brown, hip-hop is James Brown, rap is James Brown; you know what I'm saying? You hear all the rappers, 90 percent of their music is me," he told the AP in 2003.

Born in poverty in Barnwell, S.C., in 1933, he was abandoned as a 4-year-old to the care of relatives and friends and grew up on the streets of Augusta, Ga., in an "ill-repute area," as he once called it. There he learned to wheel and deal.

"I wanted to be somebody," Brown said.

By the eighth grade in 1949, Brown had served 3 1/2 years in Alto Reform School near Toccoa, Ga., for breaking into cars.

While there, he met Bobby Byrd, whose family took Brown into their home. Byrd also took Brown into his group, the Gospel Starlighters. Soon they changed their name to the Famous Flames and their style to hard R&B.

In January 1956, King Records of Cincinnati signed the group, and four months later "Please, Please, Please" was in the R&B Top Ten.

While most of Brown's life was glitz and glitter, he was plagued with charges of abusing drugs and alcohol and of hitting his third wife, Adrienne.

In September 1988, Brown, high on PCP and carrying a shotgun, entered an insurance seminar next to his Augusta office. Police said he asked seminar participants if they were using his private restroom.

Police chased Brown for a half-hour from Augusta into South Carolina and back to Georgia. The chase ended when police shot out the tires of his truck.

Brown received a six-year prison sentence. He spent 15 months in a South Carolina prison and 10 months in a work release program before being paroled in February 1991. In 2003, the South Carolina parole board granted him a pardon for his crimes in that state.

Soon after his release, Brown was on stage again with an audience that included millions of cable television viewers nationwide who watched the three-hour, pay-per-view concert at Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles.

Adrienne Brown died in 1996 in Los Angeles at age 47. She took PCP and several prescription drugs while she had a bad heart and was weak from cosmetic surgery two days earlier, the coroner said.

More recently, he married his fourth wife, Tomi Raye Hynie, one of his backup singers. The couple had a son, James Jr.

Two years later, Brown spent a week in a private Columbia hospital, recovering from what his agent said was dependency on painkillers. Brown's attorney, Albert "Buddy" Dallas, said singer was exhausted from six years of road shows.

sad pleurs sad

It's a great loss pleurs !
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeVen 29 Déc - 23:27

African American singers Capt.sge.ebn91.291206130001.photo00.photo.default-512x293

James Brown packs his final appearance at New York's Apollo Theater by Catherine Hours

NEW YORK (AFP) - Mourners thronged Harlem's Apollo Theater for a tribute to the late "Godfather of Soul," James Brown, whose body lay in state in a ceremony befitting music royalty.

"The king is dead, long live the king," read a paper held high by a man lost in massive crowd that came to bid their hero farewell late Thursday.

Brown, a musical giant who shaped rhythm and blues, pop, soul and rap music for five decades, died of heart failure on Christmas Day at a hospital in the southern city of Atlanta, Georgia. He was 73.

Brown had his debut at the fabled Apollo in 1956, and his 1963 album "Live at the Apollo, Vol. 1" was a chart-topper and still ranks high among classic pop albums.

Thousands waited for hours to view the open casket of the beloved singer, who once electrified audiences there with his husky voice, flashy footwork and tight rhythms.

The Apollo doors opened at mid-day when a white carriage drawn by two white horses bearing Brown's golden casket arrived after a trip through the historic African-American neighborhood.

"He is coming! He is coming!" cried the crowd when the carriage arrived. And as the casket was carried through the main door, the fans shouted "James Brown!" "James Brown!"

The self-proclaimed "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" had been performing more than 100 shows a year, and was scheduled to play on New Year's Eve in New York.

Inside the red-draped concert hall, Brown's casket was placed on the stage.

The late singer wore white gloves, silver shoes and a sparkly blue satin suit in a final show of dazzle for his admirers.

Onstage were two huge photo portraits of the artist performing, and his music played in the background. "Get up!" he sang.

The Reverend Al Sharpton, a prominent civil rights leader and longtime friend of Brown who largely organized the Apollo event, saluted the man who "changed the beat of the music."

"This is an open casket because he has nothing to hide. We want to let the world see our godfather. Look at him! He started with nothing and he rocked the world!"

Brown's six children appeared onstage along with Tomi Rae Hinie, who says she is Brown's wife. Missing was James, five, the child of Brown and Hinie.

"I'm Tomi Rae Brown and I love that man, and I've loved that man since I met him," she said.

The crowd of mourners spanned many generations, races, and walks of life. Many came from Harlem, an ethnic hotbed of writers, musicians and other artists for the past century.

"I'm here because James Brown is the king of soul. That's our black Elvis Presley; I'm here to tell him 'thank you,'" said Queen McFarland, 64, a longtime fan. "When you saw him you could feel the soul run all through!"

Hampton Gould, 66, said he recalled seeing the long lines of fans waiting to get in the Apollo to see Brown perform.

"Everybody liked the way he danced across the floor. Michael Jackson is nothing compared to him. He's Mr. Groove!"

Gould gazed at the waiting fans. "Look at the line. He's going out the way he came in, and I'm happy for him."

Sharon Walls said she had grown up with Brown.

"He's black pride. He told us to get an education. He only had a fifth-grade education and he accomplished so much."

Brown's body now travels to his hometown Augusta, Georgia, for a private ceremony Friday.

A public funeral dubbed a "Homecoming Celebration" is planned Saturday at Atlanta's James Brown Arena, with a capacity of 8,500 people.
Padmé
Sénatrice
Padmé

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeSam 30 Déc - 1:59

Thank You for all of this information
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeVen 19 Jan - 17:09

A tribute to James Brown :

http://www.soulmusic.com/jamesbrowntribute.htm
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeMer 24 Jan - 20:44

Aretha Franklin Heureux

Aretha Louise LaTundra Franklin est une chanteuse américaine de gospel, soul-funk et rhythm and blues née le 25 mars 1942 Memphis mais passe la majorité de son enfance à Detroit dans le Michigan, surnommée « The Queen of soul » ou encore « Lady Soul ».

Biographie
Aretha Franklin est née à Memphis. La famille a vécu à Buffalo dans l'état de New York pendant une courte période avant de déménager à Detroit dans le Michigan lorsqu'elle avait sept ans. Sa mère, Barbara (une chanteuse de gospel), quitta très tôt la famille, lorsque Aretha avait seulement six ans, et elle décéda peu de temps après.

Aretha et ses soeurs, Carolyn et Erma, chantaient à l'église de Detroit dans la chorale de leur père et ont fait leurs premiers enregistrements à l'âge de 14 ans. Un de leurs deux frères, Cecil, est devenu prêtre comme leur père, mais fut également le manager d'Aretha pendant un certain temps. Leur autre frère, Vaughn, est devenu pilote de l'Armée de l'Air.

Aretha signa avec Columbia Records peu après avoir été découverte par le légendaire John Hammond. Au début des années 60, Aretha a eu quelques chansons populaires, comme Rock-a-bye, Your baby with a dixie melody. Bien que Columbia Records ait souhaité en faire une chanteuse de jazz, les résultats n'ont jamais donné de résonance aux talents de Franklin.

Franklin a eu ses deux premiers fils à cette époque. Clarence, Jr. est né quand elle avait 14 ans et Edouard « Eddie » est né un an plus tard. Elle a quitté le lycée peu après la naissance de son deuxième fils. Sa grand-mère s'est occupé de ses fils pour l'aider à progresser dans sa carrière.

Elle quitta Columbia Records pour rejoindre Atlantics Records en 1967, et s'associer aux producteurs Jerry Wexler et Arif Mardin, ce qui aboutira aux enregistrements R&B les plus influents des années 60, y compris « I never loved a man (The way I love you) », une chanson beaucoup plus émouvante et plus passionnée que la majeure partie de ses premiers titres. Vers la fin des années 60, Aretha Franklin gagna le surnom de « The Queen of Soul », étant devenue par la même occasion une artiste internationalement connue et un symbole de fierté pour la communauté noire. Franklin a dit de cette période, « quand je suis allé chez Atlantic Records, ils m'ont juste assise près du piano et les tubes ont commencé à naître. »

Elle vit aujourd'hui à Detroit quand elle n'est pas en tournée. En raison de ses attaches pour sa ville natale, elle a rejoint Aaron Neville et Dr. John pour chanter l'hymne national avant le Super Bowl XL le 5 février 2006, avec une chorale de 150 voix en clôture du tournoi accueilli par la Nouvelle-Orléans après la situation difficile de l'ouragan Katrina.

Anecdotes
Aretha Franklin a été poursuivi pour non respect de contrat en 1984 où elle ne pouvait pas tenir le premier rôle dans la comédie musicale de Broadway , Sing, Mahalia, Sing (basée sur la vie de la légende gospel Mahalia Jackson).
Elle a sa place dans le Women's Hall of Fame du Michigan en 2001.
En 1969 Aretha a été arrêtée pour tapage à Detroit.
Sa chanson " Just a little bit a été utilisée dans la série "The Proud family"
Aretha invite fréquemment la chanteuse Chaka Khan à chanter à ses fêtes d'anniversaire.
A chanté à la « America The Beautiful » au WrestleMania III.
Elle a été mariée à l'acteur Glynn Turman de 1978 à 1984.
Au Grammy Awards de 2006 le total de récompenses d'Aretha Franklin a atteint dix-huit
Aretha Franklin appelle la Fantaisia Barrino « my child. »

Récompenses

Grammy Awards
Aretha Franklin a remporté 18 Grammy awards en 45 ans de carrière, et détient toujours le record de La meilleure Performance vocale Féminine R&B (Best Female R&B Vocal Performance) avec 11 victoires. (avec 8 victoires consécutives de 1968-1975).

Les victoires d'Aretha Franklin aux Grammy Awards
Année Categorie Genre Titre
1968 Best Rhythm And Blues Recording R&B Respect
1968 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Respect
1969 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Chain Of Fools
1970 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Share Your Love With Me
1971 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Don't Play That Song
1972 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Bridge Over Troubled Water
1973 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Young, Gifted and Black
1973 Best Soul Gospel Performance Gospel Amazing Grace
1974 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Master Of Eyes
1975 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
1982 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Hold On I'm Comin'
1986 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Freeway Of Love
1988 Best Female R&B Vocal Performance R&B Aretha
1988 Best R&B Vocal By Duo Or Group R&B I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
With George Michael
1991 Legend Award General --
2004 Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance R&B Wonderful
2006 Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance R&B A House Is Not A Home

Divers
Le 3 janvier, 1987 elle est devenue la première femme à entrer dans le Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
En septembre 1999, elle a été recompensée de la Médaille Nationale des Arts (National Medal of Arts) par le président Clinton
En 2005, elle a été recompensée de la Médaille présidentielle de la paix (Presidential Medal of Freedom) par le président Bush
En 2005, elle est devenu la seconde femme à entrer dans le UK Music Hall of Fame.

Albums
1956 The Gospel Soul of Aretha Franklin
1961 Aretha
1962 The Electrifying Aretha Franklin
1962 The Tender, The Moving, The Swinging Aretha Franklin
1963 Laughing on the Outside
1964 Unforgettable: A Tribute to Dinah Washington
1964 Songs of Faith
1965 Yeah!: Aretha Franklin in Person
1965 Once in a Lifetime
1967 I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You)
1967 Aretha Arrives
1967 Take It Like You Give It
1967 Lee Cross
1968 Lady Soul
1968 Aretha Now
1968 Aretha in Paris
1969 Aretha Franklin: Live!
1969 I Say a Little Prayer
1969 Soul '69
1970 This Girl's In Love with You
1970 Don't Play That Song
1970 Sweet Bitter Love
1970 Spirit in the Dark
1971 Aretha Live at the Fillmore West
1971 Young, Gifted and Black
1972 Amazing Grace
1973 Hey Now Hey (The Other Side of the Sky)
1974 With Everything I Feel in Me
1974 Let Me in Your Life
1975 You
1976 Sparkle
1977 Satisfaction
1977 Sweet Passion
1977 Most Beautiful Songs
1978 Almighty Fire
1979 La Diva
1980 Aretha
1980 Aretha Sings the Blues
1981 Love All the Hurt Away
1982 Jump to It
1983 Get It Right
1984 Never Grow Old
1985 First Lady of Soul
1985 Who's Zoomin' Who?
1986 Aretha
1986 Soul Survivor
1987 One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism
1989 Through the Storm
1991 What You See Is What You Sweat
1998 A Rose Is Still a Rose
2003 So Damn Happy

Filmographie [modifier]
1980 The Blues Brothers
1998 Blues Brothers 2000
2000 Immaculate Funk (documentaire)
2003 Tom Dowd & the Language of Music(documentaire)
2003 Singing in the Shadow: The Children of Rock Royalty (documentaire)

Source Wikipédia

In english : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aretha_Franklin
Padmé
Sénatrice
Padmé

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 15:09

African American singers ARETHA%20FRANKLIN%20La%20Diva%20LP

African American singers Aretha_franklin4

African American singers Aretha_franklin

African American singers Aretha_franklin2

Ah et un lien qui fera surment un heureux logiquement

http://www.beaute-noire.net/histoire/aretha.htm
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 16:37

Merci Padmé not worthy biz !
Deb
Serial Posteuse
Deb

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 20:22

Merci Maximus et Padmé yeah!

Perso je suis loin de connaître parfaitement cette chanteuse mais j'adore A natural Woman love
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 20:27

Pour toi Deb Heureux Wink

YOU MAKE ME FEEL (LIKE A NATURAL WOMAN)

Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel so uninspired
and when i knew i had to face another day
lord it made me feel so tired.
before the day i met you,
life was so unkind
You're the key to my piece of mind

chorus:
cause you make me feel
you make me feel
you make me feel like a natural woman (woman)

when my soul was in the lost and found
you came along to claim it
i didnt know just what was wrong with me
till your kiss helped me name it.
now im no longer doubtful of what im living for
and if i make you happy i dont need to do more

chorus

ohh baby what ya done to me (whatcha done to me)
made me feel so good inside (good inside)
and i just wanna be (wanna be)
close to you you make me feel so alive

chorus (repeat till fade out)
Deb
Serial Posteuse
Deb

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 20:43

Un énorme merci Maximus biz yeah!
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 20:55

Une autre que j'a-do-re Exclamation love

Aretha Franklin
Get It Right (1983)

Alright gang let�s start from number one
Let�s throw down till it�s done

Let�s get this thing to workin�
There�s no reason to wait
The time is now to start
We all could use the change

Hey, from right now till the dawn
We gonna really carry on
We won�t stop
Not until we get it right

Out to be on the one
It�s not over till is done
It�s gonna be so good
When we get it right

Got to be willing to try
Even if we get up early
And we work over time
Do it till you get it right

It�s an incredible high
There�s no limit to what�s in it
It�s your�s and mine
So let�s do it till we get it, get it right

Till we get it [Make it shout, toss it, turn you inside out], ho...oh...
Do it till we get it [Stay with it and get it right]
Do it till we get it [Never stop, we could take it to the top], oh...oh...
Do it till we get it [Take the time, get it right]

I know just how to do it
To make it really nice
There�s no mystery to it
Here�s how you get it right

Well, you make it scream, you make it shout
Toss it, turn it inside out
Never quit, stay with it
And get it right

Don�t give up, never stop
We can take it to the top
If we just take the time
To get it right

Oh...oh...don�t give up now
We can make it, we can take it
Right to the top
Hey...ey...and never stop

Honey, let�s reach for the sky
If we keep believin�
We can never go to high
Yeah, let�s give it a try

Come on let�s keep reaching up
Believe if it lasts forever
It�s never too much
No way to get enough

Do it till we get it right
Even if it takes from mornin�
Till way into night
We�ve got do it till we get it, get it right

Till we get it [Make it shout, toss it, turn it inside out], oh...
Do it till we get it [Never stop, we could take it to the top], hey...
Do it till we get it [Take the time get it right]

Do it till we [Get it], get it right, do it
Do it till we get it [Get it] get it [Get it right] and get it right
Do it till we [Get it] get it, baby, yeah, yeah
Do it till we [Get it] get it [Get it right] and get it right

Do it till we [Get it], ooh...
Do it till we get it [Get it], get it [Get it right]
Do it till we [Get it] ow, get it, baby
Do it till we [Get it], get it [Get it right] and get it right

I...yi...yi...yi...yi...yi...yi...yi...

[Do it till you get it] Do it till you get it
Till you get it, get it right
(Do it till you get it) Do it till you get it

Till you get it, get it right (Ooh...)

Till you get it
Do it till you get it [Get it] get it [Get it right] and get it right
Do it till you [Get it] get it, get it
Do it till you [Get it right]

Do it till you [Get it], get it, get it
Do it till we get it [Get it] get it [Get it right], get it right
Do it till you [Get it] get it, oh
Do it till we [Get it, get it right] and get it right

Don�t give up now
We can make it, we can take it
Right to the top
Yeah...and never stop

Honey, let�s reach for the sky
If we keep believin�
We could never go to high
Yeah, let�s give it a try

Come on let�s keep reachin� up
Believe if it lasts forever
Never too much
No way to get enough

Do it till we get it right
Even if it takes from mornin�
Till way into night
We�ve got do it till you get it, get it right

Till we get it [Make it shout, toss it, turn it inside out], get it
Do it till we get it [Never stop, we could take it to the top], yeah...yeah...
Do it till we get it [Take the time get it right] and get it right

Do it till we [Get it], get it, oh, yeah
Do it till we get it [Get it] get it [Get it right], get it right
Do it till we [Get it], ow, ho, ho, ho, ho
Do it till we [Get it] get it [Get it right] and get it right

Do it till we [Get it], do it, do it
Do it till we get it [Get it], do it [Get it right] and get it right
Do it till we [Get it]
Do it till we [Get it, get it right]
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 21:22

Et un grand classique chanté par Aretha et plein d'autres :

Artist: Nat King Cole

-peak Billboard position # 12 in 1951-52
-also charted in 1954 by the Dick Hyman Trio (#29)
-also charted in 1959 by Dinah Washington (#17)
-interpreted by Esther Phillips
-also charted in a 1991 "duet" by Nat and his daughter Natalie Cole.
-Words and Music by Irving Gordon

UNFORGETTABLE love

Unforgettable, that's what you are
Unforgettable though near or far
Like a song of love that clings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before has someone been more

Unforgettable in every way
And forever more, that's how you'll stay
That's why, darling, it's incredible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am unforgettable too

<instrumental interlude>
No never before
has someone been more ooh

Unforgettable in every way
And forever more, that's how you'll stay
That's why, darling, it's incredible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am unforgettable too
Deb
Serial Posteuse
Deb

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 21:23

Thank you Maximus yeah! biz
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 21:31

You're welcome Deb Wink Exclamation
Padmé
Sénatrice
Padmé

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 22:47

Thank you Maximus for all of this beautiful songs Exclamation
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeSam 3 Fév - 13:12

Esther Phillips (a Jerry Lee Lewis's song)

No Headstone On My Grave

Dont put no headstone on my grave,
All my life Ive been a slave,
Want the whole wide world to know,
That Im the man that loved you so

Mama, mama, dont you cry,
Im gonna meet you in the by and by, in the sweet by and by
Tell papa Im comin home, comin on home,
God, it cant be very long

All my life Ive been a slave,
Want the whole wide world to know,
That Im the stud that loved you so

M,m,m,m,m,m mama dont you cry,
Lord, Im gonna meet you in the by and by, in the sweet by and by
Tell papa Im coming home,
Oh God, it cant be very long

Whoooh! All my life Ive been a slave, motherhumpin slave
And you know something? I want the world to know,
That Im the stud that loved that woman so

Mama, mama dont you cry, mama, dont cry,
Im gonna meet you in the by and by, in the sweet by and by
Tell papa, Im coming home, Oh Lord,
You know, it cant be very long

(One more time now)
Dont put a headstone on my grave
All my liiiife Ive been a slave,
Want the whooooole wide world to know,
That Im the man,
That loved,
That loooved,

All my life Ive been a slave, whoooh!
I want the whole wide world to know,
That Im the stud that loved you so

Ma-ma-ma-ma mama, dont you cry, whooh! Dont cry!
Im-a-gonna meet you in the by and by, in the sweet by and by,
Tell papa Im coming home, coming on home...
...And you know something ladies?
Oh, God, it cant be very loooong

Dont put a headstone on my grave,
I want a monument, this is the Killer speakin darling, he, he
AaaaaaaOooooh!

Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeMar 13 Fév - 20:21

Billie Holiday / arthur herzog jr.

Them thats got shall get
Them thats not shall lose
So the Bible said and it still is news
Mama may have, papa may have
But God bless the child thats got his own
Thats got his own

Yes, the strong gets more
While the weak ones fade
Empty pockets dont ever make the grade
Thats got his own

Money, youve got lots of friends
Crowding round the door
When youre gone, spending ends
They dont come no more
Rich relations give
Crust of bread and such
You can help yourself
But dont take too much
Thats got his own

Thats got his own
He just worry bout nothin
Cause hes got his own
Maximus
Gladiateur
Maximus

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeMer 14 Fév - 0:05

African American singers PF_1231802~Billie-Holiday-AP-Posters

Billie Holiday (1915-1959)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_Holiday
Padmé
Sénatrice
Padmé

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeMer 14 Fév - 1:52

Merci Maximus de parler de cette chanteuse que j'aprécie et respecte énormément Exclamation
Padmé
Sénatrice
Padmé

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitimeMer 14 Fév - 1:56

Une photo que j'aime beaucoup d'elle

African American singers Billie_holiday2
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: African American singers   African American singers Icon_minitime

African American singers
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant